More than 15 000 visitors per day – Thanks to all vogella.de users

On an average weekday my webserver now welcomes more then 15 000 users. I would like to take the oppertunity to thank all users of vogella.de. I think it is really cool that so many people find my tutorials useful and I’m glad that vogella.de helps so many people.

You guys rock!

The constant user feedback keeps me motivated. I enjoy finding blog entries which talk well about my tutorial and I receive very nice feedback from users for example the following.

Marshall Harnish – I just wanted to say that your articles rock! … Thanks for writing them, they’re really well done and easy to follow.

Will – Excellent website.. everything up to date and new technologies are shown here.. congrats.

Ventcrazy – Wonderful site, well maintained, great collection of topics, perfect geeky stuff

So again, thanks to all vogella.de visitors. Especially thanks for all feedback via my Google Group which helps me to eliminate typos and errors in my tutorials.

Is there anything you would like to see improved? Please let me know.

This entry was posted in Other, vogella. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to More than 15 000 visitors per day – Thanks to all vogella.de users

1. Congratulations! One typo in the title: then -> than

2. Matthias Heinrich says:

Hi Lars,

I can barely count it anymore how often I accessed vogella.de to get some Eclipse wisdom! So it’s about time to say “Thank you!” Awesome tutorials! I haven’t seen a lot of people who are so dedicated and update tutorials 24/7.

What I especially like about your tutorials is that they are “feature-complete”. No step will be skipped! All the source code it takes to get started is on your page!

Is there room for improvement? Well, I really have to think hard! Personally, I like the syntax highlighting in code snippets (e.g. if you look through source code on github.com). But all in all I hardly can think of features I am missing.

Best,
    Matthias

3. Will says:

As said via Twitter but expanding to more than 140 characters: you have a great website and tutorials here.

There are so many different subjects… I always recommend it and will continue doing that. Thank you.

4. Aviral says:

It’s indeed a pleasure to read thru ur site tutorials.
    Many thx for them

Thanks everybody for the feedback.

@Matthias: I hear this suggestion quite frequently. It is a bit hard to realize as I would have to adjust my build chain. But given that I receive this request regulary I put it on my todo list and hope to solve this soon.

6. Matthias Heinrich says:

As mentioned before Lars, syntax highlighting is certainly nice to have but no major pain point. As long as you don’t shut down vogella.de the Eclipse community will be all happy. 🙂

7. Carla Castro says:

Lars. Danke!

It is time to say thank you, indeed. We should make the “commons” greener, by appreciating the time we give each other…only the community benefits. And to make all this we should be independent of the commercial industry. If ONLY, people understood that giving something ($) can help the community feed within, without being dependent.

I like your tutorials and saved my time for my Uni project on an android based app. Thank you…again!

8. Carla Castro says:

under the name mumtazashraf – uk. Thank you again.

9. Petusa says:

Hello Lars,

Congratulations! Indeed, it is a one of a kind success what you have achieved with creating vogella.de and what you are building up around the Eclipse community.

You can be really proud of your achievements, and we all can be really thankful for your excellent valuable work, voluntarism and outstanding contribution.

Since you infected me with Eclipse/Android and the latest Java technologies, there is no day passing by for me without visiting vogella.de / your twitter site, and learning some cool, cutting edge geeky stuff.

I also started to spread the Eclipse & vogella.de religion within my current workplace, and we are learning a lot from your practical tutorials, articles.

Thank you for all the efforts, again! vogella.de keeps me obsessed!

Cheers,
    Peter/Petusa from Hungary

@Peter: Could to hear that you are well and back in Hungary. I’m glad that you still enjoying Android and Eclipse development. 🙂