I’m honored to join the Eclipse Project Management Committee (PMC) for the Eclipse Top-Level Project. See
Eclipse project charter for their responsibilities.
As Eclipse committer and project lead for platform UI and e4 my main goals are:
- Attract and win new contributors and committers
- Improve stability and performance of the Eclipse IDE
- Enhance the Eclipse RCP programming model
To help achieving this my main work items are:
- Cleanup the Eclipse code base
Update the Eclipse code to new framework versions and Java versions
- Simplify and automate the committer workflow
- Review Gerrits as much as possible
- Coach potential new committers
- Simplify and enhance the UI exercise and the platform API usage
I always felt that the existing PMC members did support this work. Joining them is a great honor and I can hopefully help to enhance the Eclipse IDE further.